this is just another diy blog written by a mother of two who likes to craft, sew, cook and travel - thanks for stopping by

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

the perfect summer dress - part 1

For quite a while I was looking for THE perfect pattern for sewing a girls dress. Easy but pretty. I was hoping that I could make a few for my daughter, if I would just find the perfect pattern. 

And here is what I ended up doing: 
So far, I found one nice pattern and I created two other ones from t-shirt / blouse patterns. I will show you what I did and how they turn out. 

First of all, let´s start with the one pattern I bought from The Handmade Dress. It really is simple and it is mostly about the fabric and the color combinations you choose. I took a fabric that I didn´t care about too much, so that it won´t hurt if it didn´t turn out the way I thought (my daughter is kind of slim, so that I need to adjust most pattern).

I made the Miss Madeline dress in size 3T. It took me about 2.5h for the whole thing and I need to tell you, I just love it! I didn´t have to adjust the pattern at all and the fabric turned out to look gorgeous as a dress!


Sorry about the poor quality of the photos, but my daughter is at this age where she has an opinion about whether she wants to be photographed or not...




This dress is nice for summer playtime and works for more formal occasions as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...