this is just another diy blog written by a mother of two who likes to craft, sew, cook and travel - thanks for stopping by

Friday, August 2, 2013

Bed Time Routine Chart For Toddlers

I hate tears at bedtime. And after the usual bedtime battles with my two kids each night, I was hoping for something (some kind of method?) to make the whole process more fun, peaceful, quick, and without tears. 




Even if I hadn´t seen toddler chore charts (I´ve heard of them though), I went google-ing for something like that for a bedtime routine. 

My daughter loves checking off to-do lists, so I was hoping to find something like a to-do list with a dry erase pen - even though I could already see the marker get lost somewhere or get used for something else... 

It didn´t take long to realize that I had to make my own chart to put in all the steps I wanted and I was lucky to find this awesome tutorial (how to make a chore chart for toddlers). 

  • no marker needed, it works with magnets
  • you choose your own steps/symbols
  • easy to understand/use for little ones 
  • and my kids were so super excited about it, they couldn´t wait for bedtime to finally try it out for the first time - and so far, I can´t hear any tears from upstairs...



Done, done, and done. Good night!


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing! Our fifth child is a bit challenging and she has decided bedtime isn't for her :( I am going to make this today and I bet her tune changes- she LOVES a list!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...