this is just another diy blog written by a mother of two who likes to craft, sew, cook and travel - thanks for stopping by

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

the perfect summer dress - part 2

The next summer dress I am going to show you is probably the most advanced thing I have sewn so far. I was inspired by some of my own dresses (blouse dresses with dropped waist) and I thought it couldn´t be too hard to make one for my daughter. So I looked for a blouse pattern, which I found in the 1/2010 issue of OTTOBRE magazine and combined it with a simple bubble skirt. 

The first dress I made like this was I total disaster. Far to wide and the waist far to high... So I was sad about the waste of pretty fabric but I didn´t drop the project. I adjusted the blouse pattern to make it MUCH smaller and I dropped the waist (maybe a tiny bit too much). And here it is:





The fabric is the same design as in the previous post but obviously different colors. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...