this is just another diy blog written by a mother of two who likes to craft, sew, cook and travel - thanks for stopping by

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

the perfect summer dress - part 3

The latest dress I made for my daughter is my favorite so far! It was inspired by a dress I bought at gap last year. It is so comfortable and nice looking at the same time that I really wanted to try to make one of those dresses myself. 

And here is what I did: 
I took a t-shirt pattern from the 3/2009 issue of OTTOBRE magazine and made it a little longer, using my stored bought dress as a reference. Than I added some ruffles at the bottom. And here it is:


[store bought dress on the left, t-shirt pattern on cover of magazine and self made dress on the right]

 THE perfect play dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...