this is just another diy blog written by a mother of two who likes to craft, sew, cook and travel - thanks for stopping by

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Ultimate Spring Dresses

Spring is almost here - at least that is what everyone (including myself) is hoping for. To help the spring feeling develop even faster, I made two colorful spring dresses - one for my daughter and one for myself. Both are made of a linen cotton blend by designer Etsuko Furuya (Kokka Echino Collection). So beautiful and bold! I´ve got both fabrics from Britex Fabrics in San Francisco 3 days ago!


My dress or tunic is the third of that kind in my closet. I just love that pattern! Here you can find an older post about the same kind of tunic. It is still missing pockets but I was out of fabric (note to myself: 1 1/4 yrd. is not enough!) 


The second dress is for my daughter and because I could not find the perfect pattern for a girls linen dress, I had to make my own. I started with a few pieces from her closet that I thought could have the right shape and made a few alterations on the go. 

And it has pockets!!! It took me a while to figure out how make these and how to put them together (!!) but I am proud to say: they turned out the way they were supposed to!


Voilá! Pockets for little rocks, hair clips, and other treasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...