this is just another diy blog written by a mother of two who likes to craft, sew, cook and travel - thanks for stopping by

Monday, March 11, 2013

At What Age Did You Start Sewing? Kids Sewing Machine

//  I was 31 years old when I got my first sewing machine and my mother showed me how to do a straight chain stitch... //

Years later, my little girl sees me in front of my sewing machine a lot and she kept asking when she could start sewing herself. Even if 4 years is a pretty young age to get a sewing machine on her own, I didn´t want to discourage her finding something she might like. But at the same time, I didn´t want her to sew on my machine! 
So, I did some research on kids sewing machines and I was surprised to find quite a few! I decided to go with one that had more functionality than just a plain chain stitch like some "toy" machines, because I wanted her to be able to grow her abilities as she grows herself. 
And luckily the one I chose came in my daughters favorite color and had Hello Kitty on it - what more can you ask for for a 4 years old girl?!




Needless to say that she loves her sewing machine!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...