this is just another diy blog written by a mother of two who likes to craft, sew, cook and travel - thanks for stopping by

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Cushion Make Over with Amy Butler Cameo

I had a really nice weeks with this project! 

I offered a friend to help her redo her cushions and we had a lot of fun thinking about colors, color combinations and different themes in different rooms. I was very glad that she decided to pick such beautiful fabrics! They are all from the Amy Butler Cameo collection and even if they are meant to be for different rooms, I think they all go great together (one room will have a blue/white theme, the other one will be green/pink).




I have worked on a total of 12 cushion covers in different sizes and two different fabrics each. And here is how I broke the work down into small pieces to have a little accomplishment each day: 

Day 1: Cut all 24 fabric pieces
Day 2: Sew the first seam with room for zipper (all 12)
Day 3: Insert zipper 1-3
Day 4: Insert zipper 4-6
Day 5: Insert zipper 7-9
Day 6: Insert zipper 10-12
Day 7: Serge all 3 remaining seams (1-6)
Day 8: Serge all 3 remaining seams (7-12)

Done! And that way, I even had time to finish 4 other projects during the same week!


I am just sad that those cushions will not stay at my house. I should really work on a living room make over for myself... wait for more...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...