this is just another diy blog written by a mother of two who likes to craft, sew, cook and travel - thanks for stopping by

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Floor Pillow - One More Amy Butler Cameo Project

Since I saw one of those on Pinterest, I wanted to try it out. And it turns out it really is as simple as it looks! You only need one yard of fabric, 2 packages of pre made piping, a zipper and of course the filling (lots of filling!).



The filling turned out to be the hardest part, as I had no idea what the differences were. So I started with a fiberfill which was recommended to me by my local fabric store. But the pillow turned out to look wonky with bulges. After a little research I came across shredded foam with was 1. cheaper and 2. looked much better inside the pillow. The only disadvantage is the mess while filling it inside the pillow :).



Dimensions of my pillow are: 
18 inches diameter
10 inches height
and it has a little zipper underneath the handle


 

And because this pillow will not stay at our house (it goes together with the other cushion covers I´ve made), I will definitely make at least one for myself - as soon as I have decided on a fabric / color theme for our "new" living room.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...