this is just another diy blog written by a mother of two who likes to craft, sew, cook and travel - thanks for stopping by

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Freezer Paper Stencil - More Projects And Lessons Learned

I was very happy with the outcome of my earlier projects with Freezer Paper stencils on t-shirts so I kept going and made 6 (!) more.



Here is what I´ve learned: 

// The design should not be too intricate (the killer whale design didn´t turn out as nice as the rest).
// Don´t take too much paint. If it looks good after the first time, don´t paint a second time (I have the feeling that the paint cracks faster if the coating is too thick).
// If you choose glitter paint (like I did with my first project), it looks stunning, but the glitter will come off the more you wash it.


Two dinosaurs


Two more squirrels in the making



Have fun making your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...