this is just another diy blog written by a mother of two who likes to craft, sew, cook and travel - thanks for stopping by

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Living Room Make Over With Marimekko And Lotta Jansdotter




It was long over due! 

Ever since I made new cushion covers for a friend of mine, I was thinking about giving my own living room a make over. I was not only thinking new cushion covers but also giving our coffee table a new look as well (I was inspired by this diy-coffee-table-ottoman-tutorial that I found on Pinterest).

First, there was the hard decision of choosing fabric... it took me several weeks! At the end, I chose a mix of Marimekko´s "Kompotti" and Lotta Jansdotter´s "Glimma" collection. Both beautiful fabrics in a gray-blue-brownish color theme. 

This is how my living room looked before - the coffee table had several scratches and also these awful looking corner pads which you buy when you have small children: 





And here is what it looks like now: 












And of course my kids think it is the best new play area in the house!

And here are some pictures of "the making": 










I love this fabric! I am just a little nervous about little chocolate fingers...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...