this is just another diy blog written by a mother of two who likes to craft, sew, cook and travel - thanks for stopping by

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Kids Duvet Cover - Where Are The Boys?

My daughter (4 years old!) finally manages to sleep through the night for at least some nights a week. As a treat for that achievement, we promised her to paint her bed in what ever color she wanted. Well, she has 3 favorites - so her bed got painted turquoise, pink, and purple. 



Around bedtime that same day, my little boy (2.5 years old) was in tears because his bed didn´t get any new color. This reaction was no surprise of course, but I still had no intentions to paint his beautiful white crib!

Instead, I offered him to sew a new duvet cover for his bed and he could pick his favorite color for the fabric. Much happier already, we went upstairs and he had a look at my fabric storage. While my daughter has 3 favorite colors with turquoise being the most favorite, my son has one unchallenged favorite: pink! So, I showed him a few options and here is what he chose (Sherbet Pips by Aneela Hoey for modafabrics.com):






Looking at that fabric he asked me: "Where are the boys swinging?" But he didn´t seem too concerned when I told him that there were only girls on that fabric...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...