this is just another diy blog written by a mother of two who likes to craft, sew, cook and travel - thanks for stopping by

Sunday, June 23, 2013

The Everyday (Maternity) Skirt

Last year I´ve made a skirt following this tutorial that I´ve found on pinterest. It was one of my favorites last year and still is this year (when 2/3 of my wardrobe is getting too small).

This skirt is not meant to be a maternity skirt but the knit waist band is stretchy enough to accommodate a growing belly. So, I decided to make one more super comfy skirt today. 

Without going back to the tutorial I´ve used for the first skirt, I just took the one I had as my pattern, folded the waist band inside and cut around the edges leaving my seam allowance.   
 


Unfortunately, my fabric wasn´t quite wide enough (it was a left over from another project), so I decided to make it a little smaller at the bottom.


This skirt has only 3 pieces of fabric (front, back, and waist band) and only 5 seams (left side, right side, close the waist band, attach the waist band, and hem the bottom). 

Done! It´s a great 60 min project.  


This waistband is folded double lengthwise.



This is me, wearing my new skirt at my weekly "growing belly family photo shoot".



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...