this is just another diy blog written by a mother of two who likes to craft, sew, cook and travel - thanks for stopping by

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Tee Collection

Have you ever had the problem that you didn´t like the prints and designs on kids tees? I found myself buying just plain shirts - maybe stripes - because I just couldn´t stand all these princesses, Doras, dinosaurs, skulls, etc. But I had to learn that my kids actually enjoyed wearing those rare pieces in their closet ("I want to wear my tractor shirt"). 
Ok then! I will take the challenge and come up with some designs of my own! And here are the first attempts: 

1st tee

 This one is a store bought tee (H&M) with some felt fish - super easy and my little ones newest favorite!!

 Just cut out the fish shapes from a piece of crafting felt, pin it on, and sew around!


2nd tee

 
 This time around I made the whole shirt and used the same fabric for neck and sleeve binding as well as the front design.

 
 I made the shirt 7 cm (3 inches) longer than the pattern called for but my little guy has a long upper body and all his shirts are getting too short. 

Not pretty, still working on that...


3rd tee

This is my favorite tee so far (maybe because it doesn´t have a design on it yet?) and if you have a serger it is a really quick project.

 But when my daughter first saw her new shirt, she said: 
"Where is my airplane?"
Well, let´s see... maybe I´ll make you a new one which goes better with an airplane...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...